Her approach is simple. She provides scientifically sound and individualized nutrition advice and helps you make lifestyle changes in order to achieve long term health and longevity. Being a former lecturer at UCT, she is dedicated to staying up to date with recent publications and focuses on gut health and the microbiome as well as epigenetics. She believes that making lifestyle changes is only truly possible if the recommendations given to you fit into your life including that of your family. This is something she strives to achieve with every client/ patient and thus her advice and recommendations are practical. She also works with the mind when it comes to healthy living. This allows her to help you focus on a holistic approach to health.
Cath is also an author and has co-published a recipe book which is focused on gut health called Food for Sensitive Tummies through Tafelberg Publishers. She also writes for the media about all things nutrition and lifestyle. She is involved in corporate wellness days by organizing healthy food displays, smoothie and lunchbox demonstrations as well as professional presentations on healthy eating and living.
Her special interests include (book an appointment online)
- Gut health and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (including the low FODMAP diet)
- Epigenetics (genetic testing, in order to get to the root causes of health issues from a physiological and cellular perspective)
- Weight management including the non-diet approach to improving health, lifestyle and weight
- Metabolic health concerns (type 2 diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid (over and under active)
- Inflammatory health concerns (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia etc.)
Her motto ‘Love Food. Eat Smart. Love life.’
Contact details: email@example.com | 021 794 5789 | www.catherineday.co.za
Book an appointment with Catherine Day